Wednesday 11 June 2014

BBQ Roasted Potatoes

You will need the following ingredients:

6-10 Potatoes
4-6 Carrots (or other vegitables)
1 Onion
1Tbsp of your favorite seasonings (eg. Herb & Garlic; Italian; Lemon & Pepper; or a mixture of your own spices & herbs)
2Tbsp Water
Olive Oil


I used a Hummus Dip Mix from Epicure for my seasoning and my family loved it!  
You can use other vegetables too.  I have used broccoli, mushrooms, corn, cauliflower, beets, green or yellow beens etc...  
But for tonight, I had some carrots that were getting a little soft, so I decided to use them.





Wash or peel your potatoes and carrots.  I chose to peel my potatoes because my children don't like it
 when I leave the peel on and then washed my carrots.



Next I chopped up all my vegetables and put them in a large bowl.  You want everything bite size.



I added approximately 2Tbsp of olive oil to the mixed vegetables.



I then added the 1Tbsp of seasoning to my vegetables and stirred everything with a rubber spatula.  
I lined my metal lasagna dish with parchment paper and drizzled 1Tbsp of olive oil on the parchment paper.



Once it's all mixed up and seasoned, I add the mixture of vegetables to the pan.



I add 2Tbsp of water to the vegetables, as I find it helps to steam them 
and they cook much faster and much more evenly.



I cover it with tinfoil and place it on a preheated BBQ for 25-35 minutes.  I cook it on low and   
check them every 10 minutes to make sure they aren't burning.  
I also give them a little stir to make sure the bottom ones aren't burning.
The more crispy you want them, the longer you leave them on.



Living in the warm Okanagan, I like making these all summer long.  
I can change the seasoning or add different vegetables to give them a different flavor .  
These go great with anything else you can BBQ!



I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does.  
My children and I aren't big on potatoes, but these will be eaten quickly and without complaint!
Leftovers can be fried in a pan for homemade hash-browns.
You can do these in the oven during the winter months as well.  
I bake them at 350'F for approximately 30-50 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment