Saturday 14 June 2014

Garage Sales-Saving You Money...

One of the ways I like to save money is by shopping at garage sales.  I have bought nice patio furniture, clothes, jewelry, kids toys, and so much more.  If you have a friend or family member that can go with you, it can be so much fun.  I went last weekend with my sister and niece.  We all found wonderful things and so I decided it might be fun to share a few with you.  Hope you enjoy!

I bought 1 dress and 4 shirts.  
The dress is Alfred Sung(the black and white one) and I paid $5 for it.
The tops I paid $4 each for a total of $16. 
My total for all this clothes was $21!

It was a great day for shoes for me.  I only buy shoes that are new or barely used.
The top left are a pair of golf shoes that I got free.  
The rest of the shoes, I paid $4 each and the Clarks sandals I paid $5.
My grand total for shoes was $13!


 I bought myself a hybrid golf club for $20 and got my golf shoes seen above for free.
I paid $4 for the skort.
Total of $24 for these!


This jewelry was a lot of fun.  
I found the long necklace and matching earrings at a sale and paid $7 for both.
A few houses down from this one I found the two real silver necklaces for $1 each.
I bought all this jewelry for $9 and could probably sell the silver stuff for at least $30 if I wanted to.

I had so much fun and we went from 8:00am to 12:00pm.  We find the garage sales that have multiple homes so we can walk instead of driving around.  This helps to keep our gas expenses down and allows us to visit with each other and have a lot of laughs.  I have bought furniture and other things for really cheap and then turned around and sold them in our local classifieds to make money on them.  It's always fun to run into other friends enjoying themselves and saving money.  This is my first money saving tip on my blog. Happy shopping everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment