Saturday 14 June 2014

Waffles

Waffles-Sue's Recipe

4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
6 Tbsp Sugar
3 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Salt
6 Eggs @ room temperature
3/4 cup Margarine or Butter
4 1/2 cups Milk (can use butter milk)
1 Tbsp Canola Oil





 Start by separating the egg whites and egg yolks.

Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites until they are light and fluffy and set aside for later.

 While the egg whites are beating, melt the margarine or butter in the microwave.

 In a medium bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

 In a other medium bowl mix the egg yolks and melted butter.
At this point in time, I plug in my waffle iron and preheat it.

 Slowly add a cup of flour mixture and then a cup of milk.  
Start with flour and ending with milk until all is added to the mixture.
Allow to beat until batter is smooth.

 Add the fluffy egg whites to the batter.

 Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the batter until smooth.

 Brush heated waffle iron with oil.  
On my iron, I only need to do this every 4 batches of waffles, not every batch.

Scoop 1/3 cup of batter onto half the iron and repeat for the other half.
Follow instructions for your waffle iron maker.  
Mine says to put a timer for 4 minutes and then lift it and serve them.

 As you can see it does make a lot of waffles.  I make the whole batch up and them place the uneaten ones on a cooling rack to cool off.  Once they are at room temperature, I place them in a Ziploc bag and into the freezer they go.  They can last up to a month in there but for my growing kids, I am lucky if they make it to the end of the week.  
I bought my waffle iron at a garage sale over 10 years ago for a dollar.  It was the best thing I ever bought for a dollar.  As you can see it is well used and works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment